Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch troubleshooting

Hi I have the brand new Ipod Touch and I'm struggling to browse through my songs via 'Artists' or 'Albums'. Infact on both options it only begins to list the results from the letter 'N' onwards. However all the songs from my Itunes Library are present and playable when listed in 'Songs'. has anybody else experienced this?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:22 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2015 3:05 AM in response to liamfromstaffs

I had a similar problem with my 128gig touch. It drove me nuts for a few days but after extensive Googling I manually selected and set the "Album Artist" field in iTunes. Sometimes i just needed to delete the last letter, have it read the change, and reinstate the letter once it was recognised.

Strangely artists from about "S" onwards didn't suffer this problem. There were still a couple problems with tags where the iPod didn't recognise an artist, but the "Album artist" field definitely solved 95% of problems.

I should point out i used third party software to back up my previous iPod.

Still working this thing out....

Ipod Touch troubleshooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.