Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get windows 10 to switch back to mac os x

I recently installed a full licensed windows 10 home edition through boot camp. I have a MacBook Pro 2105. I cannot get back to Mac OS X. I've tried multiple times restarting/powering off computer and pressing down the option key. It does give me the icon to click to switch to Mac but every time I click on it, it restarts and gives me a symbol with a circle and slash (indicating it can't/ won't perform the function). And the computer still windows mode. I've also tried the icon panel in the bottom right which I can open up the bootcamp control panel. It gives me a choice to restart in Mac or windows. I choose Mac and the same thing happens. When it restarts, I get that circle with a slash and I am still in windows. Help!! Thanks!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:22 AM

I am guessing you mean 2015 and not 2105.

Try to to restart from the Recovery partition.

If that boots up for you, start Disk Utility and repair the disk with OS X.

5 replies

Aug 29, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Mac01user

It seems your GPT (GUID Partition table) has been corrupted during the Windows 10 installation and your Windows 10 drivers are not properly installed.

1. Do you have any unknown devices in Device Manager?

2. Please download GPT Fdisk from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/ . It provides two executables. gdisk32.exe and gdisk64.exe. See Lost boot ability to OSX and Windows 10 for a Windows example of Gdisk.

3. Once the OSX and Windows entries have been corrected, you should eb abel to boot and switch between the two OSes using Boot Camp: Set the default operating system. You can also use the Alt/Option key to choose, if you power down and up your Mac.

cant get windows 10 to switch back to mac os x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.