Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SONY HANDYCAM/PIXELA CAPTY

Just wanted to post that you are in fact able to use iMovie once you copy movies from Sony Handycam using pixela/Capty software...this camera has USB port and therefore cannot directly firewire into iMovie. I had a couple of posts up for months but nobody could help. Hope this helps

20 " Imac Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 2G SDRAM, 250GB Serial ATA, 256MB GDDR3 memory

Posted on Nov 4, 2006 1:55 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2007 7:24 PM in response to DANMAC808

Dan... Just what I was looking for, someone who had purchased Pixela software...

Just bought a handycam HDD and I'm running into the same problems as everyone else. I saw in the operating guide that the software could be found at Pixela. Did you purchase Capty MPEG Edit and Capty DVD/VCD 2? If so, did you buy it in the bundle (and did you get everything else they attached to it)? I want to purchase the bare minimum to get video on my mac in a usable format.

P.S. I think is pretty crappy that sony does not include this with the camera. They provide pc users with the proper software! The mac users have to buy third party software with no promises of it working!

1.6 GHz Power PC G5 Mac OS X (10.4.8) 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM

SONY HANDYCAM/PIXELA CAPTY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.