Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete an appleid that isn't mine on my iphone?

So I tried updating one of my apps and it popped an appleid to sign into that was not mine and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It doesn't let me mess with my App Store. I need help!!!😟

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:30 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 2:25 PM in response to Smap95

Smap95 wrote:

So I tried updating one of my apps and it popped an appleid to sign into that was not mine and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It doesn't let me mess with my App Store. I need help!!!😟

It sounds as if you have an app that was not purchased with your current Apple ID. Delete the app and redownload/purchase it under your current Apple ID.

Aug 29, 2015 2:31 PM in response to Smap95

Apps on an iPhone are forever tied to the Apple ID used to originally purchase or download the app. It the app has an update, the iPhone will check which Apple ID is being used by the iPhone and compare that to the Apple ID used to download the app with the update. If the two do not match you will be asked for the Apple ID and password originally used to download the app. The best solution for this case is as Meg St._Clair suggest. Delete the app and download a new copy with your Apple ID.

How can I delete an appleid that isn't mine on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.