Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on my iPhone 6 won't turn on

Hi guys,

So I recently got a new iPhone 6 and one day when I was texting my mother, she has the iPhone 6 Plus, about some things she asked me to do while she was out my messages turned green instead of being blue. I thought maybe it was a big or something, no big deal right? Well ever since it has turned green I can't get any texts from any iphone users. I went to the setting to try to see what iMessage was doing and it's turned off, but when I try to turn it on it has a message under it saying "Waiting for Activation" and then a couple minutes after a pop-up titled Imessage activation says " An error occurred during activation. Try again." I've tried resetting my phone with the home and powee button, but still it stays the same. If you could help thank you!!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, I don't have the new update yet

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:39 AM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:55 PM in response to Toxicthefox

Hi there Toxicthefox,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, you aren't able to enable iMessage on your iPhone 6 because of an activation related alert message. The article linked below provides a lot of great information about the alert message that you're seeing and it also provides troubleshooting tips that will most likely resolve the issue.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Take care.

iMessage on my iPhone 6 won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.