Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you get bus names to show up in the channel strip

HI , I have upgraded today from MainStage 2 to the new 3, I have been using this live for five years now

with a simple vocals/guitar set up ,I use it in edit mode so i can see the mixer and i had set up and named

my busses so the showed up in the channel strip as whatever i had named them i.e. vocal reverb , delay , sub bass etc ,

my concerts from ms2 will open with ms3 and my old aux channel strip settings are all still there except in the channel strips

where i am using the busses they now only show up as bus 1 , bus 2 etc , I have tried everything to change this with no success

and i have searched the web , any help would be appreciated , thanks , Robin

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:42 AM

8 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:22 AM in response to blackbeast250

Ah, I understand. No, that is just an odd change in Mainstage 3. Definitely submit feedback requesting that they change it back. e

The quick work around is to just create on-screen knobs and map them to each send on the channel strips. You can make the hardware label anything you want, with added advantage that it's a little less cluttered than edit mode.

And this is just a preference thing, but any particular reason you use edit mode instead of perform mode?

Aug 30, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Authentic Identity

I just never bothered with perform mode as it worked well in edit , I just tried it there but bus 1 is still bus 1 no matter

what you do with it , I can't get it to come up as reverb level or anything, see screen shot ,I just did the vocal channel ,

compressor threshold came up fine because its on an insert not a send , Im sorry i bought it now .User uploaded file

how do you get bus names to show up in the channel strip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.