Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto logout when screensaver kicks-in?

Under Yosemite 10.10.5 on a MacBook Pro, it now seems that as my screensaver kicks-in it initiates an auto-logout? This does cause issues as it halts, for example, number crunching, ongoing tasks such as Mathematica and (some at least) downloads via Safari. I have tried, what to me, are the obvious sources for selecting/deselecting such an option but without success.

As ever, any help, much appreciated.

David

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:58 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 12:02 PM in response to ReggeConchis

Hi there. By 'logout' do you mean that the screen locks, and on resuming your laptop you are asked for your password, or, are you actually 'fully' logged out. I.e. All your apps are closed.

The Yosemite logon screen will have 3 icons at the bottom (Sleep, Restart, Power)

whereas

The Yosemite lock screen will only have 1 icon at the bottom (cancel)

Please advise 🙂 Cheers

Aug 29, 2015 12:34 PM in response to ASCarlisle

Hi. On resuming the MBP I am asked for my password (as I always was). But now there is always an OS X message saying that my (unintentional) logout request has failed due to active apps. When I cancel the OS X logout request, I then face a similar request from the App itself. Annoying, when I have been expecting Mathematica to have bee grinding away whereas it has been paused, expecting me to terminate it in order to logout from OS X!! Week.

Aug 31, 2015 8:44 AM in response to ReggeConchis

Hi. On resuming the MBP I am asked for my password (as I always was). But now there is always an OS X message saying that my (unintentional) logout request has failed due to active apps. When I cancel the OS X logout request, I then face a similar request from the App itself. Annoying, when I have been expecting Mathematica to have bee grinding away whereas it has been paused, expecting me to terminate it in order to logout from OS X!!

The issue is resolved by going through System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Advanced and unchecking the Logout After option.

I have no recollection of selecting this - maybe the last OS X update reset some defaults? Who knows.

Auto logout when screensaver kicks-in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.