Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I raise a hardware support ticket online?

I have been attempting to contact support about my faulty IPhone 6 plus and every time I go through the procedure to enter my details, phone serial number, iOS diagnostics etc I get a message saying that support is not available at this time.

The service page asks me to enter my phone serial number which confirms that support is still valid until December this year and also that my warranty has about 10 months to run. It sends me to the support page after this but each and every attempt to log a call or any of the support options ends with 'Not possible at this time.

Why can't I raise a support ticket for my hardware issue?

Out of frustration I have managed to book some time at the Apple Store to see a genius but only by making a booking without entering my serial number. This should not be the case.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:18 PM

8 replies

Aug 29, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

It was bought in the UK but as a factory unlocked phone and not through a phone network.

it does ask me which country I am in when I choose to contact support as it comes up with Hong Kong and the UK. I tried Hong Kong out of curiosity and that didn't work either. It's frustrating as it takes ages to fill out all the support options but fails at the last point.

Aug 29, 2015 3:35 PM in response to zouo

You probably have a grey-market phone at best or a hacked phone at worst. Do not be surprised if Apple refuses to service that phone in the UK. As it has a UK plug and HK pops up when you try to contact support via the website leads me to believe it is a HK sourced iPhone. Let us know what happens and good luck.

How can I raise a hardware support ticket online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.