Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you upload an app onto a restricted iPad you don't have access to?

I received a tablet from another company which locks their tablets (they're given to assist my business for free as part of our partnership).

I want to install an app which lets me mirror the tablet screen so I can see it when I am out of the office. The only issue is of course it's locked, and I can't download anything directly from the Apple store.

Can I connect the tablet to a PC and manually update it? I don't want to root the tablet either as that may cause issues with my partner company. Just a way to somehow download the app into the tablet and have it run in the background.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 1:36 PM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 4:52 PM in response to Methodik33

I want to install an app which lets me mirror the tablet screen so I can see it when I am out of the office.

You cannot do this directly. You would have to mirror the screen with airplay to a pc. You could then share the pc screen to the internet. You cannot interact with the iPad remotely. This non-interaction includes the local pc.

You could ask them to include additional apps for you.

Apps are owned by apple ids. You can have 1, 2, or 3 apple ids per ipad. Apple ids own ipads. Detaching a device from an appple id trashes the apps on the device. You may be able to logout from an existing appled id in settings and log in to a new one. This will depend on the restrictions.

Can you upload an app onto a restricted iPad you don't have access to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.