Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Adjust the Q of the Equalizer?

I cannot figure out how to adjust the Q while I'm using the Equalizer. Is there a keyboard shortcut I can use? It is near impossible with only the mouse. Note: I am on a laptop

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:41 PM

hey pure beats

great news! it a simple fix

all you have to do is stroll over whatever band you want to edit the q value of

then bring your cursor straight down to the bottom bar of the eq guy (where it says freq, gain, q)

then just click on the q value and drag it up or down to manipulate it

you can also manipulate the gain and the frequency of a selected band in this way

let me know if you have any other questions

bes regards'

-Sean

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 9:41 PM in response to xpurebeats

hey pure beats

great news! it a simple fix

all you have to do is stroll over whatever band you want to edit the q value of

then bring your cursor straight down to the bottom bar of the eq guy (where it says freq, gain, q)

then just click on the q value and drag it up or down to manipulate it

you can also manipulate the gain and the frequency of a selected band in this way

let me know if you have any other questions

bes regards'

-Sean

Aug 31, 2015 6:06 AM in response to xpurebeats

Hey xpurebeats,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're using GarageBand on a MacBook or MacBook Pro and wonder if there's a way to adjust the Q (resonance) number on the equalizer using a keyboard shortcut. It can be tricky to fine-tune settings using a mouse or trackpad, and there is a method that may work well for your situation.

If you have the equalizer open in GarageBand, follow these steps:

1. Click an EQ band to activate it. You'll see the control point (dot) at the top of the curve.
  2. Click the number next to Q in the bottom right of the EQ window. You'll see a blue oval around the number.
  3. Press the up or down arrow key on the keyboard to raise or lower the Q level. You can also type a number to set a specific value.

Happy mixing!

Cheers.

How Can I Adjust the Q of the Equalizer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.