Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need the WPA key of my airport extreme to stream through my blue ray DVD player. I highlighted airport utility and hit show passwords but that does not work...any other suggestions?

To stream through my blue ray DVD player I need the WPA key to my airport extreme network. I highlighted airport utility and went to Base Station but show passwords does not highlight and does nothing when I click on it. Any other suggestions?

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Likely, you are leaving out an important step. AirPort Utility is in a "read only" mode when you first open it, so you cannot access the settings at that time.

Please try this......

Open AirPort Utility

Click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Now click the Base Station menu at the top of the screen and magically, the Show Passwords link will be active

User uploaded file

Now the bad news. It is extremely unlikely that the "key" will help you, but anything is possible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 2:39 PM in response to sheri250

Likely, you are leaving out an important step. AirPort Utility is in a "read only" mode when you first open it, so you cannot access the settings at that time.

Please try this......

Open AirPort Utility

Click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Now click the Base Station menu at the top of the screen and magically, the Show Passwords link will be active

User uploaded file

Now the bad news. It is extremely unlikely that the "key" will help you, but anything is possible.

I need the WPA key of my airport extreme to stream through my blue ray DVD player. I highlighted airport utility and hit show passwords but that does not work...any other suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.