Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove song from playlist - itunes 2015

How do I remove a song from an existing playlist in itunes on my PC? It is easy to do on my phone, but when I try to edit a playlist in itunes on my computer, the remove song from playlist option is gone in the new itunes in 2015. It only allows you to move songs around, but you can not actually remove them from the playlist. The only delete option available is to remove it from your library entirely.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:29 PM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2017 9:49 AM in response to tifftiff5000

I had a similar problem with iTunes 12.6.0 on my Macs. The option to remove a track from a Playlist just disappeared, and whatever I did it deleted the track from my Library. The solution was to update to 12.6.1. Curiously, when I asked iTunes to Check for Updates it said a new (newer than 12.6.0, i.e. 12.6.1) was available. That directed me to the App Store, but that told me my iTunes was up-to-date! I had to go to the Apple Downloads site to get it.

iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple

Aug 30, 2015 2:41 PM in response to tifftiff5000

Hi tifftiff5000,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like you are using iTunes 12 on a Windows computer and would like to delete a song from a playlist.

1) Make sure to select Playlists in iTunes as shown in the picture below.

User uploaded file

2) Choose the playlist from which you would like to remove a song in the sidebar on the left side of iTunes.

3) Select the song you would like to delete and either press the Delete key on your keyboard or right-click the song and choose Delete.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Delete songs, playlists, or other items

Deleting an item from a playlist doesn’t remove it from your iTunes library or your computer. Deleting a playlist or folder doesn’t remove the songs in it from your library or computer. Deleting a folder removes all the playlists and folders inside that folder.

Best regards

Dec 10, 2016 1:01 PM in response to tifftiff5000

OK, this doesn't work. The print screen has "playlists" highlighted, but shows the My Music screen.

The Playlists screen shows all the music on the device, not the playlists, and deleteing them as describe removes them from the iPod, not the Playlist itself.

Now is there a real answer? Because I have been playing around with this for an hour and other than removing them line by line, I cannot remove songs.

remove song from playlist - itunes 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.