Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 iPods on my account, a Classic and a Touch. When I downloaded the new update to my newer iPod, my older iPod was erased from my account. How can I reinstall it?

I have 2 iPods on my Apple account: a Classic and a Touch. After I downloaded Apple's newest ITunes version, it erased my Classic from my account and will not restore it. How can I add my Classic back to my account? I would appreciate any help.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:08 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Mommygrace

Howdy Grace,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, your iPod classic isn't recognized by iTunes since updating to the latest version of iTunes on your PC. The article below provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that should help you resolve the issue.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers.

I have 2 iPods on my account, a Classic and a Touch. When I downloaded the new update to my newer iPod, my older iPod was erased from my account. How can I reinstall it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.