Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Screen Distorted - Multiple Lines & Touch Screen Unresponsive

To start things off, I own an iPhone 5 with a cracked screen which I was planning on getting fixed for months, but other than that my phone worked perfectly.

Today I noticed that a piece of the top of my screen had stuck out more than the other pieces, so obviously I tried to stick it back into place which I did. Unbeknownst to me, that caused incredibly bad damage to my screen and now it has several thick black lines on the left side of the screen followed by thinner white, gray, and colored lines. The left side of my touch screen is completely unresponsive, and as seconds progress after the phone is unlocked the rest of the screens is darker, distorted, and has more lines, followed by the entire touch screen being unresponsive until I lock and unlock it again.his be repaired?

I've had my phone for about a year, and the screen cracked from slipping and dropping it about 4-5 months ago.
Will this be able to get repaired, or I will I have to buy a replacement phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, Cracked Screen

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:23 PM

1 reply

iPhone 5 Screen Distorted - Multiple Lines & Touch Screen Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.