Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot pause an iTunes movie download

StarTed an iTunes movie download. iPad now totally unresponsive on any internet activity. Tried to pause download by pressing "pause" button in iTunes, but,nothing happens.

Really, Apple, how difficult is respond to respond to a button push and pause a download?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, (Newest iOS )

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:40 PM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:51 AM in response to tecsi12

Hello tecsi12,

If I understand correctly you had a movie downloading and anything else that used Wi-Fi wasn't able to access the internet, and you were also unable to pause the download. That seems like unexpected behaviour to me, so I would start by quitting all the running apps on the iPad:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If that doesn't resolve the issue in the future, the only other thing that I can think of is that perhaps the networks settings on the device may need to be reset:

Still can’t connect?

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

From: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Sep 3, 2016 11:11 AM in response to tecsi12

I had a similar problem. Inexplicably could not pause, nor delete movies hogging the queue. Tapping "Edit" shifted the items over leaving room to select them for deletion, but there was no radio button to press. And "pause" was dead - unresponsive.

I solved the problem by going into the store and locating each of the offending Shows (not in the download queue, and not in my library - in the actual store listings) and there you can hit the little circle progress bar to stop the download. It not only stops the download - but it deletes the item from the download queue entirely.

Very annoying problem.

Cannot pause an iTunes movie download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.