Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not working; Can't reset restriction passcode

Earlier today my mother tried to download a free game to her iPhone, it said she needed to verify her credit card information, she did, it said it was declined. She checked her bank account and everything was normal. She went back and tried it again, it still didn't work. She tried on my credit card and it still didn't work. I thought it might be the fact that her iPhone hasn't been updated in a while so I went on to do that and it is protected by a passcode and she doesn't remember what it is. I have tried numerous things including her unlock code, a few previous unlock codes, my birthday, the birthdays of my siblings, and her birthday: nothing works. She currently has iOS 8.3 and her carrier is Verizon. Any ideas on how to fix these two problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:16 PM

The iPhone will have to be restored > If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

For when the iPhone is restored > Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store

2 replies

App Store not working; Can't reset restriction passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.