Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come no audio is coming out of my 6th generation Ipod Nano unless I bend the jack on the headphones?

In order to hear any audio from my 6th gen. ipod nano, I have to bend the jack on the headphones. Same issue when connecting my ipod to an auxiliary cord. When I let go off the bent headphone jack, no audio comes out of the ipod. This has been going on for a while now and I have tried blowing out the jack of the ipod with no success. I have switched headphones 3 different times with no success. What should I do?

iPod nano, No audio

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:16 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:40 PM in response to jnyerere89

It sounds to me as though your cables may have a short and if so you need to buy new ones and try not to stretch or damage them in the future.

IMPORTANT: Either that or you are not using genuine apple made headphones or other genuine apple cables or equipment with your iPod. iPods don't work properly and sometimes not at all if you use headphones and cables that are not made by Apple.

Aug 30, 2015 11:03 AM in response to IslandGuy

The cables and the headphones are not the issue. This problem started when I was using the original Apple headphones that came with the Ipod. The first thing I did to attempt to fix this issue was by replacing those Apple headphones with another set of headphones. Didn't work! Based off every thing that I have tried, the Ipod in itself seems to have some faulty design flaws that need to be addressed by Apple. I am certainly not the first person to have experienced these issues and unfortunately they're becoming all too common.

How come no audio is coming out of my 6th generation Ipod Nano unless I bend the jack on the headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.