Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems

I can't install Windows 10 because it sais me when i have to choose the partition that windows cant be installed in Bootcamps partition becarse the partition is MBR and Windows o la can be installed in disks with GPT. I need help, please

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:56 PM

13 replies

Aug 29, 2015 4:07 PM in response to varoms99

1. Are your trying to install new copy of W10 using BC Assistant?

2. Please post the output of the following OSX Terminal commands.

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Aug 29, 2015 4:45 PM in response to varoms99

Your Mac does not support EFI Boot. You need to choose Windows. Does the screen stay black for a short while and give and error when Windows is used? Is the keyboard light on when the screen is black?

Please run Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support and How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and use Windows and test. Do not use EFI Boot.

problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.