Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I register my IMEI number with Verizon?

I just bought a factory unlocked iPhone 5c, but when I tried to set up a new SIM card, the people at Verizon told me the IMEI number isn't compatible with their network. Is there a way to register it in their system or make it compatible with their network?

iPhone 5c, iOS 4.2

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:14 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:31 PM in response to sarah@hilmersonrv

sarah@hilmersonrv wrote:

I just bought a factory unlocked iPhone 5c, but when I tried to set up a new SIM card, the people at Verizon told me the IMEI number isn't compatible with their network. Is there a way to register it in their system or make it compatible with their network?

The general answer is NO. However, sometimes Verizon will add the MEID (not the IMEI) to their network. It's a new policy, and is not consistently applied. Historically Verizon only accepts phones sold for use on their network. You can "fool" the network into accepting it by inserting a SIM that has been previously activated on Verizon. However, if you do this not all features will work correctly.

How do I register my IMEI number with Verizon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.