Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 broke my iTunes. Should I just reinstall?

I upgraded to windows 10 and now iTunes has been de-authorised. It won't reauthorise. Should I just reinstall iTunes from scratch?

iPhone 5c, Other OS, Windows 10 broke apple

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:01 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Lord Phorse

Hello Lord Phorse,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like iTunes won't authorize the computer. What is the message you receive when you try to authorize? I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Sep 6, 2015 3:38 AM in response to mario49

User uploaded file

First it says no longer authorised, then tells me this is the 4th computer, when it's only the 2nd, and the other is inactive. Then, despite both phones (John Cooper - 4s, Jordee Cooper 5c) being connected, it says it can't sync either because they 'can't be found'.

And then within the program it has both phones. Manual Sync seems to work. Weird behaviour

Windows 10 broke my iTunes. Should I just reinstall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.