Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 will not turn on

I had a shortage in my charger, the charger just stop working completely and my phone was on 28%, so I unplugged it and didnt get on it for thr rest of the night, I woke up the next morning and it wouldn't come on, I bought a charger and nothing, the low red battery won't even show, no sign of power. So I ordered a new battery because I have been having problems with my battery, it goes dead quick, it doesn't hold a charge, and gets hot! My charging port and everything else is ok! What is it

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 4:48 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Tvppp__

The iPhone will get warm when charging but should not be so hot you can;t touch it. When this happens its usually one of 2 things:

1) A 3rd party charger that is overcharging your battery, or

2) Your battery has failed and is dispelling everything as soon as it enters instead of storing the charge.

It sounds more like option 2, so I think a battery replacement would be a good idea. I wouldn't recommend using a 3rd party service unless they give you a guarantee because Apple will not service the iPhone after someone else has opened it. If you are already out of warranty, thats certainly your choice. I would recommend using locate.apple.com to find an authorized provider (Choose your country at the top right). Good Luck!

iPhone 5 will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.