Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having Trouble Adding Files to iTunes Library

I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Today I downloaded an album to my pc and now I cannot add it to iTunes. The drag and drop does not work and when I go to File, Add File to Library that does not work either. Any thoughts? tia

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:35 PM

9 replies

Aug 29, 2015 5:57 PM in response to kenplanner

Check that the tracks haven't been added somewhere unexpected. Use the songs view and sort on Date Added descending. Recently added tracks will be at the top of the list. Untagged tracks would be seen as unknown artist, unknown album.

If that doesn't work try using the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside your media folder. If iTunes doesn't like the files for some reason they will be moved into a Not Added folder.

tt2

Aug 29, 2015 6:18 PM in response to turingtest2

So I copied the new tracks to the media folder under the artist; when I open iTunes though I cannot see the tracks. When I click on the tracks (inside the media folder) it is trying to play the tracks in what I suppose is a new Windows app called Groove Music. I'm also getting an error message within that app saying the file format is unsupported. Argh! Appreciate your efforts.

Having Trouble Adding Files to iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.