Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get rid of ad.doubleclick.net?

I keep getting prompts to show certificate for ad.doubleclick.net. Youtube is not loading properly since this has been happening and Safari is running slower. How do I get rid of this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2015 8:50 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc, I followed instructions I found here and forced quite on Safari and then when I re-started Safari, kept my shift key pressed and held and then cleared my history and under privacy "block all sites from storing information on this computer."

I haven't seen the ad.doubleclick.net again, but now I'm getting this message and I am not sure if it's genuine and from Apple or not - it sounds like it's a fix for the problem, do you think? I'm not touching this until I hear from you as this could really cause a problem if it's not. Thank you!

Patricia

com.apple.WebKit.Networking wants to sign in using key “Apple ID Authentication 2013-12-17 13:58:26 GMT-05:00” in your keychain.

Do you want to allow access to this item?

Always Allow Deny Allow

Aug 29, 2015 3:35 PM in response to barryfromhampden

It's malware ...

Force quit Safari using the Command + Option + Esc keyboard shortcut.

Then restart Safari. Download and run Malwarebyyes Anti-Malware for Mac formerly known as AdwareMedic. It's free.

Make sure Mac App Store and identified developers is selected in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General

If you would rather not download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can remove the malware manually following the instructions here > Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

how do I get rid of ad.doubleclick.net?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.