Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backup to iCloud (5gb free)

I would like to backup my new iPhone 6, but it says there isn't enough room on iCloud. I have 5 gb free because I deleted all backups. I can't find any settings to choose what gets backed up. I thought sure I had that option on my iPhone 5. I have photos on Photo Sharing only which I understand doesn't use my iCloud storage. I have contacts on. Find my iPhone is on. Backup is on. Nothing else is on. Am I missing something with the upgrade? I can't even find out how much space is needed to use iCloud backup with my phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and tap the device name to view the next backup size and that screen also has options to exclude some items from the next backup.

1 reply

Unable to backup to iCloud (5gb free)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.