Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't open a secure site page

For the last four days I cannot access Lloyds Bank online banking. I can access the bank's home page, but when I click on the online banking log in button that page will not load and I eventually get a message that "Safari cannot open this page because the server where this page is located is not responding."

I have contacted the bank and they say that several customers who use Safari have had the same problem and that I should download an alternative browser.

I have gone through all of the steps on the Apple "If Safari doesn't load a webpage.." set of tips, but still no joy.

Can anyone help?

Additionally, for 10 days now our iMac had been directly cabled to our Airband internet connection because the Airport that we were using as a router is no longer working (either to produce WiFi or back up our iMac. Airband say that the internet signal coming into the house is fine (and it seems so with a direct connection to it) but we cannot get WiFi, like we had before. We have done nothing to our set-up in the house. Previously, Airband contacted us and said they were having problems with various customers' devices affecting their data; they changed something their end; as a result none of our portable devices - iPhones and iPods, could pick up a signal; then following advice from Airband's technicians I reset the Airport to its factory settings and no WiFi since. Airband say that Airports in the UK do not like the internet that we have over here...but it was fine for two years...they have done something and messed up our equipment...They have advised that we need a simple router to handle the internet and use the Airport for the WiFi. Is this really what we need?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:50 PM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Bewley 500

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Safari won't open a secure site page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.