Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

altho i repeatedly give the thumbs down to certain spam it continues to find its way into my inbox. is there a more effective way to block crap?

spam in

mail. how to block?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:09 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 7:12 PM in response to richpree

Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail Tab > When junk mail arrives: Choose either move it to the junk mailbox or Perform customer actions (whichever you choose). This is all you can do in the Mac Mail to sort your junk out at the application level. You will want to check with your Email Service Provider (i.e. yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc.) to determine what anti-spam/junk settings you can set on your account at the server level.

Protip: If you use yahoo or hotmail you will receive junk mail until the day you die. Switch to iCloud email 😝)

altho i repeatedly give the thumbs down to certain spam it continues to find its way into my inbox. is there a more effective way to block crap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.