Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My messages on my mac book pro have stopped working how can i fix this?

I have a MacBook Pro and it is OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, it says that it's memory is only 4GB. I am having a problem with my messenger app, i have been online all day trying to fix it. It won't let me send or receive messages. Non off the stuff that i have found so far has been any help. I was wandering if anyone knows how to fic this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:41 PM

This sort of thing happened to me not that long ago, and all I did was reset my iTunes account. It doesn't delete anything, it just resets your iTunes-accessed applications. If that doesn't work, just call Apple.

9 replies

Aug 29, 2015 8:14 PM in response to Rose1337

1. Please sign out of iMessage on all your devices and sign back in. If you've enabled two-step verification for the Apple ID that you use with iMessage, you must generate an application-specific password and enter it when prompted. Test.

2. Take this step if you have an iPhone linked to the same Apple ID as the Mac, and iMessage is working on the phone.

Follow the instructions in this support article, under the heading

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

If text forwarding is already enabled on the phone, disable it and then re-enable it.

Quit and relaunch Messages on the Mac.

Credit for this observation to ASC member Apple Advocate.

3. If you have no other devices, or if you do have them and iMessage doesn't work on any of them, then you (or someone else who knows your Apple ID and password) may have signed in to iMessage on a PC running OS X or on a virtual machine. In that case, the ID would be blacklisted by Apple, and only Apple could remove it from the blacklist.

Click the Support link at the top of this page to schedule a call from Apple Support. You might not be charged for the call if you select "Apple ID"—not the hardware model—as the product you're asking about.

My messages on my mac book pro have stopped working how can i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.