Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got the MacBook Air today and when I set it up I guess I accidentally made two account users both as my name.. I tried going into "users and groups" to delete the one I don't want but I don't see any options..

I just got the MacBook Air today and when I set it up I guess I accidentally made two account users both as my name.. I tried going into "users and groups" to delete the one I don't want but I don't see any options to even delete it..

MacBook Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:54 PM

Open Users & Groups preferences. Click on the lock icon and enter your admin password. Select the other account you made and are not currently using from the list on the left side. Click on the Delete [-] button. Select the option to delete immediately. Do not opt to use Erase Securely.

1 reply

I just got the MacBook Air today and when I set it up I guess I accidentally made two account users both as my name.. I tried going into "users and groups" to delete the one I don't want but I don't see any options..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.