Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks continually drops Wifi connection/bounces off

I am STILL having this issue and haven't found a solution. I never upgraded from anything — Mavericks was installed on my new Macbook Air 2014.

It takes a long time to reconnect to Wifi after waking up, which was annoying but I learned to ignore. Then the exclamation point started coming in occasionally — I turned Wifi off/on and this would temporarily relieve the problem.

Now it keeps bouncing off my network and joining my neighbor's (I have my network settings configured so mine is the default connection). This is important because uploading stuff is dangerous with this happening. At best it will be incredibly slow uploading, at worst it will freeze or cause an upload error. ANY help on this, anyone? I see Apple hasn't responded to the earlier posts on this subject.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:40 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:41 PM in response to julialand

Might be corrupted network preferences.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your Mac. See if that makes a difference.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

Aug 30, 2015 9:51 AM in response to julialand

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Mavericks continually drops Wifi connection/bounces off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.