Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iTunes 12.2.2.25 my iPod Classic Will Not Sync

I have an iPod Classic and link to my music stored on a laptop with Windows 8.1, running a recent download of iTunes (12.2.2.25). The iPod will connect to iTunes, will briefly say synchronizing, then will say connected, but it will not sync. A half hour goes by and nothing happens. I tried this on three separate occasions. I finally eject....but the new music is not on the iPod. Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:14 PM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 1:27 PM in response to pasadenaparker

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one! I was hoping to avoid "restoring" my iPod but I did all the Troubleshooting tips and finally did the Restore. Mistake! Now I have a blank iPod that won't sync. So I can't even listen to my OLD music because there is no music of any kind on the iPod and I can't seem to add any. Restarts of the re-installed iTunes and of the entire computer didn't help. Now I am totally stuck. Very frustrated and sad.😠

Aug 30, 2015 4:26 PM in response to pasadenaparker

Hello.

I figured out my problem, at least. I hope this will help you. Although I did NOT change this setting, evidently the iTunes download did. When the iPod was connected it would show a "Summary" page (see left frame). That looked fine, but when I clicked on the Music category below the summary, I saw that the sync all music box had become unchecked. When I checked that, unchecked the music videos, and then clicked sync....it worked. Since I have 21000 songs and had wiped the iPod with a "Restore," syncing from scratch took a couple of hours, but I appear to be back in business. So check that setting, and good luck!

In iTunes 12.2.2.25 my iPod Classic Will Not Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.