Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone6 Restore Problem

Hello

I bought my wife IPone6. Previously she had IPhone 4s. After I bought it and got the Sim from my provider, I put it in and activated that as a new Phone to see If I can make calls and hows the quality like.At the time the Old phone was deactivated (Sim) by provider.

Now When I got home, I backedup the Old phone to Itunes and then tried restoring the IPHone6 with that backup.

The thing is that as soon as the backup completes , Phone stops receiving calls or normal Phone functions and then if I reset that phone and set it as new IPhone again , I can again start receiving the normal calls and messages.

I have never synced that old 4s to any cloud , and only to Itunes.

I dont have any real purchases or anything like that, so I only want to restore the contacts onto the New Phone.

Please advise me what can be done for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sam

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:27 PM

If you only want the contacts, connect both of the devices to WiFi in Settings > WiFi on each device, then go to Settings > iCloud and sign into the same Apple ID and turn on Contacts on both. Once your contacts are on the new device, you can sign out of iCloud if you like. Be sure to hot "Keep on my device" so those contacts don't disappear when signing out.

If you want to restore from the backup, when the service is not operable but the content is on the new iPhone, on that new iPhone go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This should erase only network related details and allow them to reconnect as new. If that doesn't work, go back to that original plan of only transferring the contacts 😝 Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 10:27 PM in response to samsite

If you only want the contacts, connect both of the devices to WiFi in Settings > WiFi on each device, then go to Settings > iCloud and sign into the same Apple ID and turn on Contacts on both. Once your contacts are on the new device, you can sign out of iCloud if you like. Be sure to hot "Keep on my device" so those contacts don't disappear when signing out.

If you want to restore from the backup, when the service is not operable but the content is on the new iPhone, on that new iPhone go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This should erase only network related details and allow them to reconnect as new. If that doesn't work, go back to that original plan of only transferring the contacts 😝 Good luck!

IPhone6 Restore Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.