Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I type an up arrow?

how do I type an up arrow? That's it. That's all I want to know and nobody seems to have ever published this online in the history of forever. help, please.

also, can't I just post this? there is no community for slow learners like me. you make it so hard just to get some ****** help!

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.4), 2.5G Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:14 PM

And it is why I hate forums. Apple ought to make this easily discoverable, but they don't. And I have to come into this frustrated already and then have to get flack from people like you who have apparently never been made to jump thru some pretty silly hoops just to get a basic question answered. And no, there is no up arrow in the keyboard emoji thingy. That was my first option about 40 minutes ago. But thanks anyway.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 8:14 PM in response to gail from maine

And it is why I hate forums. Apple ought to make this easily discoverable, but they don't. And I have to come into this frustrated already and then have to get flack from people like you who have apparently never been made to jump thru some pretty silly hoops just to get a basic question answered. And no, there is no up arrow in the keyboard emoji thingy. That was my first option about 40 minutes ago. But thanks anyway.

Aug 29, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Scott Craig

Bringing an attitude to this forum is really not going to help you get the answers you are looking for. We are not making it hard for you, since we are just users like you are. As Jay-Ray has pointed out, you are running an ancient version of OS X, so that is why you are having a hard time finding any references for how to do what it is you want to do.

Since Leopard was introduced in 2009, I did a Google search and found an article on how to display the OS X character map that was dated in 2009, so it undoubtedly applies to you. Don't know if that will yield any results for you, but if it doesn't, then you may just have to look in your Fonts to see if you can find one there that will provide you with what you are looking for.

http://www.geekguides.co.uk/6/how-to-display-a-mac-os-character-map/

You may want to look into updating your OS X....

GB

Sep 4, 2017 1:57 PM in response to Scott Craig

I use the up pointer ^ it's already in your keys it's located (looking at your keyboard) left side it has 123 on the button key next to the world global tap it twice and you will see this ^ it would be nice if they had the down pointer as well like how it's on my Mac. computer. Lol but I'm sure you've figured out by now since this was way back in 2015 lol!!

Aug 29, 2015 7:49 PM in response to Scott Craig

Well that is really going to encourage the volunteers here to jump in and help.... this is a user to user support forum, and everyone here is volunteering their time to help fellow users....

Do you have your Keyboard icon displayed in your top taskbar? If not, go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard, and make sure that Show Keyboard and Character Viewer in menu bar is checked.

Then , click on the Keyboard viewer, and click on Show Character Viewer. You will see an option in the sidebar for "Arrows". Select the one you want and double click it to put it into whatever it is you are typing.

Cheers,

GB

how do I type an up arrow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.