Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My pictures are appearing on my sisters iPad on mine. How can we stop this happening

MY photos appear on my sisters iPad and mine on hers. We both use the same Apple ID

WE want to stop this happening without loosing the photos we have already.

would changing ID remove current photos from that device.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:47 AM

No, when you sign out of Settings > iCloud (this is why you guys are linked up) you will get an option to keep certain content. Your photos will remain intact. Then sign back in with your unique Apple ID. each person needs their own Apple ID.

In addition to Settings > iCloud, you might also want to update the Apple ID in the following locations:

Settings > iTunes & App Stores

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

Settings > FaceTime

Settings > GameCenter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 12:47 AM in response to Jsleth

No, when you sign out of Settings > iCloud (this is why you guys are linked up) you will get an option to keep certain content. Your photos will remain intact. Then sign back in with your unique Apple ID. each person needs their own Apple ID.

In addition to Settings > iCloud, you might also want to update the Apple ID in the following locations:

Settings > iTunes & App Stores

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

Settings > FaceTime

Settings > GameCenter

My pictures are appearing on my sisters iPad on mine. How can we stop this happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.