Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple forced me to restore my iPod to factory settings and I lost all my photos. Is there a way for me to retrieve them?

My iPod wouldn't update so Apple forced me to restore it to its the factory settings. Unfortunately the last backup I did was 6 months ago and I lost all the photos I have taken since. I also didn't have my iCloud turned on as I prefer to store things manually. Is there anyway for me to get those photos back? Please help!

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:21 PM in response to ItunesAppleUser

Yeah at that point it appears the update failed and that was the only option. You wouldn't have been able to backup at that point. This would be the same situation as if you lost your iPod, or it got stolen, you would be without your data. Although it appears you do not have any recovery options, moving forward, you might want to backup regularly. There is even an automatic option on iCloud. Heed the same advice for all of your computers and other electronics that store your life's information that you can't live without.

Apple forced me to restore my iPod to factory settings and I lost all my photos. Is there a way for me to retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.