Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom text generators

Is it possible to write/develop custom generators for Motion 5 / Final Cut Pro?

I'm trying to make a countdown timer with minutes and seconds, and the few available text generators don't have that formatting option.

I've tried searching for an SDK, but haven't found anything.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:53 PM

BasementJack wrote:

I'm trying to make a countdown timer with minutes and seconds, and the few available text generators don't have that formatting option.

like that?

User uploaded file

This is the Text Generator Time&Date from Motion5:

I switched off the 'Date' part, set End to 00:00:00, and if you don't like the 'empty' hours, you can mask it ....

No need to program your own generator 😉

(which, best to my knowledge, isn't supported yet by Motion)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 11:53 PM in response to BasementJack

BasementJack wrote:

like that?

User uploaded file

This is the Text Generator Time&Date from Motion5:

I switched off the 'Date' part, set End to 00:00:00, and if you don't like the 'empty' hours, you can mask it ....

No need to program your own generator 😉

(which, best to my knowledge, isn't supported yet by Motion)

Aug 30, 2015 9:31 AM in response to BasementJack

Karsten's right. You should be able to do what you're looking to do with the Time Date generator.

A handy tip is that the time and date formats in Motion are dictated by how you have them set in the Language and Region Advanced settings in the System Prefs. 24 hour time is also set in the Language and Region setting which you'll need to set if you're counting down to 00:00:00.

And if you were really serious about rolling your own generators or filters, then this is what you need.

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptu al/FXPlug_overview/FXPlugSDKOverview/FXP…

Custom text generators

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.