Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage error from mba to iphone5s

this problem has been bugging me for awhile. I can't send imessage from my mba (mavericks) to iphone5s (8.1.2). I signed in with 2 separate apple id's. It used to work but stopped a couple of months ago. When I tried to send imessage from my mac to iphone, it kept saying the account or phone number is not registered with imessage. but they are. I can send imessage from my iphone to ipad and vice versa, with the apple id that my mba says not registered with imessage.

I tried signing in and signing out on all devices. I even deleted the library file that stores apple id info. but the problem persists. how can I fix this?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:06 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 1:05 PM in response to stevoruni

Hi,

In fact can you send to anyone from the Mac ?

There are no clear indications that you are not logged in properly other than every Contact is reported as "Not Registered" or all the iMessages that appear to be sent get the "Not Delivered" error message.

Restarting the computer might help.

Signing Out, closing the App and then restarting it and adding back the Apple ID can help.

Sometimes deleting the .plist that holds the login info and restarting Messages and re-adding the Apple ID can help.

More info as Eric is hinting at is needed.

User uploaded file

9:05 p.m. Sunday; August 30, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

imessage error from mba to iphone5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.