Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the procedure entry point CMBlockBufferCopyDataBytes could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreMedia.dll.

Hi I need help I was using my iTunes one day and the next day I try to open my iTunes but I always get this message : the procedure entry point CMBlockBufferCopyDataBytes could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreMedia.dll. I download the itunes one more time but still can't open it can you please help me

is my toshiba loptop-OTHER

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:44 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Lissette2323

Hi Lissette2323,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that on your Windows computer while trying to open iTunes, you are receiving the error you included in your question. I also understand that you have tried some troubleshooting on your own, including uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes.

When you uninstalled iTunes, did you uninstall all of its components in the correct order as well? If not, this can cause undesired effects. I would suggest, in this situation, to uninstall iTunes again by following the guidelines in the attached article below if you have not already done so. After the uninstall, try installing fresh from the Apple website.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Remove iTunes as well as its related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects.

If you have already completed these steps and you continue to receive that error, please let us know.

Best regards

the procedure entry point CMBlockBufferCopyDataBytes could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreMedia.dll.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.