Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing battery on a MacBook Pro late 2011

Hi everyone.

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, late 2011 . It's a great piece of machine, but the battery seems to be giving me problems. Is there a tutorial that I can use to replace the battery myself? I'm kind of skeptical of using tutorials outside of apple.

Has anyone replaced their battery? What were the steps? Was it easy? Where did you get your battery?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks a whole bunch!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:53 PM

Macbook Pros 2009 or later require service to replace the battery. The price for your battery replacement is $129 in the United States.

Visit Apple - Support - Service Answer Center and choose your country at the top of the page.

Apple does not recommend any type of self service on the Macbook Pro therefore you will not find any videos or how-tos on this site 🙂 Try googling if you are looking for that type of resource.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 9:53 PM in response to Niqabi

Macbook Pros 2009 or later require service to replace the battery. The price for your battery replacement is $129 in the United States.

Visit Apple - Support - Service Answer Center and choose your country at the top of the page.

Apple does not recommend any type of self service on the Macbook Pro therefore you will not find any videos or how-tos on this site 🙂 Try googling if you are looking for that type of resource.

Replacing battery on a MacBook Pro late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.