Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock help?

Hello! Recently when I plugged my iPhone into my computer it said I needed to restore my iPhone to factory settings to be able to use iTunes with it, so I restored it to it's factory settings and now I'm stuck trying to activate my phone. To be exact what it says is: This iPhone is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPhone. (r.....@yahoo.com), and whenever I put in my Apple ID it says that it cannot be used to activate this iPhone. Apparently this problem happens when you use Find My iPhone and getting the previous owner to remove the device from their account fixes the problem. I'm pretty annoyed because I have never used Find My iPhone and I'm the only person who has ever owned this phone, so I'm not really sure how else to proceed from here. It's an iPhone 6 and it was up to date by the way. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:57 PM

Go to iCloud.com and log in with your Account. Choose Find My iPhone, select your iPhone then select Remove Device. Once that's complete, power cycle your iPhone and see if it stops prompting you for activation lock.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply

Activation lock help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.