Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro runs slowly, battery dying

Hi.

My Macbook Pro (Retina, 13', Late 2013) started running really slow, especially at the startup. This has been going on for a week now, I tried cleaning it and all. Lately, it started shutting down at around 30% battery power with no notice whatsoever. It's only a year old so I'm freaking out a little...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:27 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2015 5:27 AM in response to dominic23

First of all, thank you for your kind answer. I tried doing everything you suggested but nothing helped.

I downloaded an application from the App store called Battery Health and got some pretty interesting information:

User uploaded file

What I saw, frightened me - how could, in a year, maximum capacity of the battery drop from 6330 to 2506 mAh? And more, this has been happening for only about two weeks, before that I did not notice any problems with the battery.

Does anybody know what could be causing these problems? And what could be the solution? My last option is taking it to Apple (I don't have AppleCare) when I have enough money for reparations and this could take a while, so I would really really prefer ideas of what I can do at home, if possible.

Thank you very much!

Sep 4, 2015 6:16 AM in response to h0ej

Yes as quickly as possible to Apple before the warranty runs out.

You can see the battery status in Applications->Utilities->SystemInformation: select Power on the left side

find the CycleCount: and the Condition:

(the Battery apps do the same).

batteries are laid out to last at least 1000 cycle counts in the MBP, to loose 20% of the capacity.

Macbook pro runs slowly, battery dying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.