Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13 Retina early 2015: ghosting when waking up from sleep?

Hello,

I've noticed that when my MacBook is on standby mode for several hours (during night), it shows ghosting issues when waking it up. This is happing since last week, never noticed this before.

The display is coming back to normal 5 to 10mn later.

Is anybody experienced this issue yet ? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Please find attached some pictures.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

FX

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:46 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2017 8:57 PM in response to Kahuitel

I am having this same issue on my Macbook Pro retina early 2015. It just started recently. Last year, I had my display replaced as there was an issue with the coating flaking off.

Since then, I've had issues with the screen being dimmer than it should be. Now, I also have the ghosting issue when I wake it from sleep, but it also happens for me in real-time as well. Blacks also look greenish. I use the "flurry" screensaver, and if I turn it on, the color strands cause visible ghosting against the black background. If I reset SMC and PRAM, it improves moderately, but returns every time I wake the MacBook from sleep.

I started noticing this when I began using Night Shift earlier this year. I've used f.lux for years before that, but decided to give Night Shift a try. f.lux had an issue with a lingering tint when color adjustment should have been off. Part of the fix was to turn off automatic brightness, so I turned it off and the issue went away completely. I'll be taking my MacBook in to Applecare next week to have it checked out.

Sep 21, 2015 1:30 AM in response to Kahuitel

Giving some news on this issue : it seems to happen when I'm using a specific wallpaper... I know it sounds crazy, but I've never had the problem using every other wallpaper.

FYI find attached a smaller version of the wallpaper.

User uploaded file
green_smoke_by_daatte-d5nzz5r.jpg

I'm gonna remove this one from my rotating wallpapers and let you know if I still have the problem.

Regards,

Nov 29, 2015 12:54 AM in response to Kahuitel

Hello,

Just to say that I STILL randomly get this issue either while powering on or waking from sleep. It usually does it about 10-15 mn then it goes back to normal in 60 seconds...

The wallpaper I posted make it happen more often, but I can have it using a dark wallpaper as well.

Very annoying, if only I knew how to make it happen I'd go to the genius bar.

If anyone has the same issue, please post here how to make it happen.

Sincerely,

Macbook Pro 13 Retina early 2015: ghosting when waking up from sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.