Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost of photos in iCloud

i just lost my iPhone 6 plus and I turned on "lost" mode. When I used another iPhone to login my icloud account and just found all of my photos stored in icloud's photo streaming were lost except photos taken in the recent 2 months. How can I get back my photos?

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 10:39 PM in response to Eddie User

Are you talking about Photo Stream? If so, then iCloud only keeps the last 30 days or 1000 photos in the Photo Stream. Your phone may accumulate more Photo Stream photos than that over time, but when you turn off Photo Stream, and then re-enable it, iCloud pushes down what it has.

Photo Stream is not intended to be an archival or backup system. The function of Photo Stream is to provide a mechanism by which to share photos between devices that are signed onto the same iCloud account.

If you have been making an iCloud backup, then you will be able to restore any photos that were in your Camera Roll at the time of the backup to a new iOS device.

But you should always import your photos to a computer or back them up to a cloud service.

Is that what you were referring to?

Cheers,

GB

Aug 29, 2015 10:41 PM in response to Eddie User

The "My Photo Stream" only keeps recent photos on the server.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

How does My Photo Stream work with iCloud Photo Library?

My Photo Stream uploads your most recent photos so you can view and import them to all of your devices. Photos are stored in My Photo Stream for 30 days.

You will either need to restore your iPhone from a backup of your previous iPhone using iTunes or iCloud (depending on where you were backing up prior to losing your iPhone) or re-sync the photos from a computer you had imported the photos to. Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

lost of photos in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.