Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhones and Serial IDs

I bought an iPhone from someone. I traded my phone and some $$. The person still has the phone associated with their ID. I lost their phone number. How do I transfer the serial number to my ID?

Thanks!!!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:13 PM

6 replies

Aug 29, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Niqabi

Nope you did;t do anything wrong. That is telling you that the previous owner has the device locked to another Apple ID. That device is completely useless to you at this point until they unlock it. The very last article I posted shows the steps they need to take to unlock the device. If its someone you know, you may be able to do this, but if you purchased this device off craigslist or something you might have been scammed. Good luck!

Aug 29, 2015 10:28 PM in response to Jay-Ray

Oh no...I purchased the device from someone I didn't know. I am using it fine, it places calls and it's activated on the network. Maybe I'm the person that the apple ID is locked to? Cause I went to check register and my iPad which I bought brand new also appears to "registered" to another apple ID...

How can I see whether this phone is registered to me? I can track it and make it make sounds through icloud.... how do I check??? I am so confused @_@

iPhones and Serial IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.