Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

This is really frustrating. I am being bombarded with messages to log in to my iCloud account on my iPad IOS 8.4.1.

The solution provided by Apple states that you should go to 'Settings>iCould>Sign Out'.

When I click on 'Sign Out' I get the message that it will delete my account, which will 'remove the data from your iPad'!!!!!!!

Is Apple for real??????

When you normally 'Sign Out' of a program or an account your data is usually preserved.

This is a stupid oversight.

I hope someone at Apple is keeping an eye on the questions on this support site.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2009 17in Macbook Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:30 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:34 AM in response to brunnieboy

They don't as this is a community forum.

Sign out anyway... yes it says that the stuff will be removed, but it will return when you log back into the account. You will also see a 2nd prompts for contact/calendaras/etc that one will give you an option to keep on your iPhone. either way all the data is intact in iCloud. The first prompt you get about removing data is talking about any synced documents and data, but trust me, they are still on your iCloud account. Sign out, then sign back in. Done.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.