Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone & iPad not working as remotes anymore - and I have a big presentation in a few days!

Hi guys.

My iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 have stopped working as remotes for Keynote on my MacBook Pro. It worked yesterday, now it doesn't.

The error message I get is: "Make sure Keynote is open on MacBook Pro and that your devices are connected to the same wifi network". It is and they are.

I've tried making it work on my home wifi network and by connecting both the iPhone 6 and the MacBook Pro to my phone via Internet Sharing. The remote feature just won't work on either. I have rebooed the units, too, of course, and tried again.

What do I need to do to make this feature function again? I need it to work real bad as I have a big presentation coming up in a few days.

I hope someone can help.

J

iPhone 6, iOS 8, null

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:57 AM

Okay, I solved it. If you get the error message, I mentioned, you need to click add new device even though the device already figures on the list.

1 reply

iPhone & iPad not working as remotes anymore - and I have a big presentation in a few days!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.