Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 safari text box typing painfully slow

I use an online forum several times a day but since updating to iOS 8.4.1 whenever I try to make a post (i.e. type in the text box) the text I'm typing has a massive delay of like 4 or more seconds! It's become completely unusable! I now have to type my posts in notes and then cut and paste it into the forum text box. However even this is incredibly glitchy and slow, and wow betide if I spot an error in the text and need to edit it!! This results in a very frustrating buggy 5 minutes waiting for my keyboard to catch up. Safari in general is much slower and glitchy after updating. It's awful as I mainly use my IPad for posting to this forum. I'm so disappointed in Apple!

This is the first time I've had an issue with an update from Apple. I looked into trying to revert to iOS 8.4 but apparently Apple have now closed the window to do this. Now I'm scared to update to iOS 9 when it comes out in case it makes my IPad even worse.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? Are we stuck with it?

iPad, iOS 8.4.1, iPad 4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:35 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply Eric, I really appreciate it. I thought it had worked for a moment but unfortunately it didn't, typing is still painfully slow. Safari also keeps giving an error which is something like ''there was a problem with this website and the page was reloaded'. It gives this error all the time and loads really slow which never happened before the update.

i seem to be able to type quickly in this forum so maybe it's something to do with the forum website that isn't compatible with the new iOS update. It's the Babycentre forum I'm having an issue with.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

iOS 8.4.1 safari text box typing painfully slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.