Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes freezes on syncing through USB

Hi, I'm having issues syncing my Iphone 5s with itunes.

Whenever I connect my iphone through the USB to the laptop, itunes stops responding.

The same happens when i click on preferences in itunes without my iphone connected.

It just stop responding. Even though it continues playing music, it wouldn't respond to anything else i click on.

I have tried reinstalling the latest version of itunes but the same problem remains.

I do not have another user account on the laptop and run as the only administrator.

Phone model: Iphone 5s

Iphone iOS: 8.3

Computer OS: Windows 10

Itunes version : 64bit, 12.2.2.25

Thanks for the reply/solutions.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:48 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 6:39 AM in response to TonSerious

Hi,

these are a few steps you can try out maybe they´ll be able to help you resolve the issue:

First should you have any plug-ins installed for iTunes try out starting it in Safe Mode. To do so press the shift + ctrl key while launching iTunes and choose ok. It might be that those are causing iTunes to misbehave. If this step solves your issue you might need to perform an update on those plug-ins or temporary get rid of them.

Afterwards check if the issue is the same when you connect your iPhone while your using iTunes on another admin user account on your laptop. Should iTunes work there without issue we know that it´s not an issue with your computer but with your specific user account.

Now use Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support and given the case you do not experience any issues on the other user account follow the steps in section "User-specific issues" otherwise follow "System-wide issues" . What you might try as well is reseting the lockdown folder because he contains the sync settings. The thing here is that Apple does not have an instruction on how to do that on windows 10, see Reset the Lockdown folder in iTunes - Apple Support. If you´re going to search for it manually just keep in mind that you´ll need to check "show hidden files" in the view settings otherwise you won´t be able to see the folder we´re looking for.

Hope this will help you in some way,

kind regards

Itunes freezes on syncing through USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.