Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple TV not recognize my Wi-Fi network that multiple Powerbooks and iPads and iPhones do?

Why does Apple TV not recognize my Wi-Fi network when I have multiple Powerbooks and iPads and iPhones that do?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:03 AM

What exactly do you mean when you say that they do not recognise your network.

16 replies

Aug 30, 2015 4:06 AM in response to Winston Churchill

It does not currently see any network of which there is currently only one. It is not new and did see network before. However, I previously had interference issues between FIOS router and AirPort router so I turned off the Wi-Fi signal from FIOS to improve AirPort signal. Moreover, I added an AirPort Express near the Apple TV that dramatically increased signal strength in room as observed by all other devices. However, now Apple TV does not recognize any network. Nothing is in ethernet port.

Aug 30, 2015 4:47 AM in response to ewach2

Sorry, yes, that should have been obvious. 😕

1. Remove ALL cables from Apple TV. (if you don't you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source List)
  2. Connect the micro USB cable to the Apple TV and to your computer.
  3. Reconnect the power cable (only for Apple TV 3)
  4. Open iTunes.
  5. Select your Apple TV in the Devices list, and then click Restore.

(You may already have a micro USB cable if you have a camera or other digital device)

Why does Apple TV not recognize my Wi-Fi network that multiple Powerbooks and iPads and iPhones do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.