Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not let me edit multi-page App Folders

iTunes will not let me edit multi-page App Folders. I have a 3-page folder called Utilities. I can double-click on the folder, and I will see the first page and 4 dots at the bottom. I assume the last is for a new page. However, I do not seem to be able to click the other dots; that just closes the folder and returns me to the page it is on. Nor can I swipe to the right, nor drag an icon to the right; that just moves it within the page.

Thought I could do this before. I am running OS X 10.10.4, iTunes 12.2.2.25, and an iPhone 6P with IOS 8.4.1,

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 16 GB RAM, 960GB SSD, Airport Time

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:18 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 7:29 AM in response to pws442

Hey there pws442,

It sounds like you have multiple pages in a folder on iOS that you are trying to use iTunes to organize. You don't navigate them the same way you would on an iOS device, rather each page of the folder has its own window in iTunes. As an example, in the following screenshot you see that the Home Screen has 2 pages, and they are side by side in the App tab of iTunes:

User uploaded file

Depending on the size of your window the pages of the folder might be side by side, or under each other. You should be able to drag apps to each of the screens as you are expecting. In order to see the pages side by side you may need to make the iTunes window wider by clicking and dragging the right or left edge of the iTunes window to resize it.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Sep 1, 2015 6:06 AM in response to pws442

You are correct. The example was intended to show how the folders' different pages will display in iTunes. You don't switch to the different pages in the folder by swiping or by clicking the dots at the bottom of the page you see. Rather it will be a separate pane unto itself. Either side by side as in the screen shot, or stacked top to bottom. You would drag the app from one pane to the other to move it to another page in the folder.

Sep 6, 2015 2:29 PM in response to pws442

I understand now, thank you for the clarification. That tells me there is a software issue somewhere, most likely in iTunes. I would boot to Safe Mode with this article, which clears some system caches and performs a disk check. Then leave Safe Mode and try again:

OS X Yosemite: Start up in safe mode

If it persists then I would next download iTunes and install it, restart the computer and try again:

iTunes will not let me edit multi-page App Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.