Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Show Titles not centred

Hi guys. I've done a bit of research and haven't found a solution anywhere for this problem. Basically, all my TV Show title and season numbers directly below all the TV Show Artwork is no longer centred. This problem is only with the TV Shows and not Movies or Music. I've attached a couple of images to show what i mean. Is there anywhere in iTunes this text can be altered manually? I'm using iTunes 12.2.2.25. Thanks.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

AppleTV 2

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:39 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Sam Biscuits

Hi Sam.

What an interesting discovery! It looks like what's happening is that the text is properly centered, but the artwork is offset to the left. Apparently the designers assumed that all iTunes artwork is perfectly square -- if you imagine a square image instead of the upright rectangles here, everything would be nicely aligned.

This is the sort of detail that Jony Ive has talked about, using the word "care" to describe the thoughtful attention to detail that goes into Apple products. There seems to be a lack of "care" in these recent iTunes versions. But I notice there's a menu item, under iTunes, for "Provide iTunes Feedback." That's the only recourse I can see here.

Aug 30, 2015 7:22 AM in response to richard grant

Just had a look at this and you're right. When I use square cover art then the text looks correct. I remember seeing something in the notes of a recent iTunes update about square cover art. It's frustrating as it was fine until recently, Movies still are. Surely this will be addressed soon as Movie and TV Show covers aren't square in the first place!! I think I will "Provide Feedback" as you say.

TV Show Titles not centred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.